How to become a successful blogger and where to get a domain name is really not that hard once you are keen to know how to become a successful blogger and where to get a domain name, then you already on your way to start a successful blog. The steps leading to your goal of becoming a blogger are no secret. All that you need is the ability to learn and put the effort required to grow a blog.
Blogging or a blog (shortening of “Web Log”) is an online journal or informational website displaying information website displaying information in the reverse chronological order, with latest post appearing first. It is a platform where a writer or even a group of writers share their views on an individual subject.
The act or process of putting up blog or web log is what is termed blogging and the person(s) who is putting a blog post is called a blogger.
The appearance of blogs changed over time, and nowadays blog include different items. But, most blogs include some standard features and structure. Here are common features that a typical blog will include:
- Header with the menu or Navigation bar, usually where you have the site (blog) name, Home menu, About Us page and the rest
- The main content area with highlighted or latest blog
- Sidebar with social profiles, favourite content, or call-to-action widgets.
- Footer with relevant links like a disclaimer, contact page, etc.
Step by step process on how to become a successful blogger and where to get domain name.
1. Getting a domain name
Well, this is the very first step to starting your blog. Except you are a web developer, then you just need a hosting plan for your blog but if are new to these you need a domain name because this is the very first step on how to become a successful blogger and where to get a domain name.
A domain name is used to identify one or more IP addresses. The domain name for the website is Trendinfomedia.com. Domain names are used in URLs to identify particular web page, a URL in for this site is Https://www.trendinfomedia.com/home, the domain name for this is trendinfomedia.com
So in generally, a domain name identifies a network domain, or it represents an Internet Protocol (IP) resource, such as a personal computer used to access the internet, a server computer hosting a website, or the website itself or any other service communicated via the internet. Simply put your domain name would be the name of your blog or website. It is what comes after “@” in an email address or after “www.” In a web address.
2. Why do I need a domain name?
On the internet, your domain name is your unique identity. Any individual, business or organization planning to have an internet presence (like a blog) should have a domain name. Also having a domain name gives your audience(s) an avenue to reach you or read articles you put.
3. How do you obtain a domain name? and Where?
Anyone can buy a domain name. To do this, you need to visit a domain name registrar which I have listed below, search for the domain name you want to buy and pay a fee. What you note is that your domain name should have the keywords relating to the theme of your blog. For example, you want to have a food blog, your domain name should have sometime relating to food blog, you get?
Domain registrar and Hosting Company
a. DOMAIN . COM
Domain . com is a web hosting company that host your website on a stable and secure platform and have scalable plans to match your site’s needs with 99.9% uptime on all hosting plans
Get a 10% off when you use this coupon code DOMAIN10
HostGator hosts over 8 million domains and is one of the most popular web hosts in the industry. With 1-click WordPress installation, 99.9% up time guarantee, and 24/7 support, it’s a smart choice for every website owner. We consider them one of the best web hosting for businesses. They’re offering our readers an exclusive 62% off discount, a free domain name, and free SSL certificate.
Namecheap is a domain registration and management service, that also offer web hosting services. Namecheap’s hosting plans offer fast, reliable service with a 100% uptime guarantee.
The technical support from NameCheap is quite good. They are there 24/7 and you can get in touch with them quickly. They have a live chat feature, a phone number and a normal ticketing system that you can use to contact them. They also have a nice amount of documentation to help users understand their services better.
They also have pocket-friendly plan that support WordPress, Domain privacy, SSL etc.
Truehost is a web hosting company where you can register cheapest domain names, buy the cheapest domain names in Nigeria and webhosting in Nigeria. Free SSL certificates and free webhosting in Nigeria. This is most convenient for people wanting to host or buy a domain name from West African region because you can pay right from your phone by dialling the USSD code, or by bank transfer or even by direct deposit.
2. Setup Site (blog)
After getting the new site the next thing you want to do is to step up the site. The step below are steps you can take to setup your site in summary;
- Click on create website and click on start new website
- Select WordPress as your site builder and sign in to your WordPress
- After signing in with WordPress, click on manage site (on setting menu)
- Click on security, click on Https enforce and turn it on.
- Click on SSL Manager, select SSL type (let encrypt wildcard) and click on get and it will setup.
- Under setting, setting permalink setting and select post name
- Click Appearance, select themes
- Click on Add new themes and select themes and install, then activate
- On the top where you have customize, click on new and add pager like Home Page, Blog, About us and Contact
- Then go to Appearance again, go to menu and click on Primary menu to add Home, Blog, about us and whichever page you have created
Best WordPress Plugin that you need
- Contact Form 7
- Yoast SEO
- Akismet Anti-spam
- Elementor page Builder or DIVI but I recommend Elementor
- Essential Addons of Elementors
- Pretty links
- Envato Elements
- Social Media share Button
- Google Analytics by Monster Insight
3. Stay focused and regular with blogging
After Setting up your blog you need to start writing quality contents. Please use Yoast SEO to help rank your article and blog on search engine, so as to enable you connect to wider audience. Images and Videos should embellish your blog.
Read older article about SEO mistakes to avoid
How to become a successful blogger and where to get a domain name have been treated, although I just scratched the surface on how to setup your website. My next article would treat this very well (in details).
Please subscribe so you don’t miss it!!!
See our other post On SEO