Seven Essential SEO Ranking Factors
SEO essential ranking factors/ requirements keep changing, and it can be hard to keep up the latest developments. But if you want your site to get traffic, you have to be in the know.
Well-optimized sites get more and more traffic over time, and that means more leads and sales. Without SEO, searchers won’t be able to find your site, and all your hard work will be for nothing.
Here are the seven SEO essential ranking factor and requirements
1. A secure and accessible Website
Unsurprisingly, the first of our SEO ranking factors has to do with having the right kind of URL. Specifically, that’s a URL that Google’s bot can easily reach and crawl.
2. Page Speed (Including Mobile page Speed)
Page speed has been cited as one of the main SEO ranking factors for years. Google wants to improve users’ experience of the web, and fast-loading web pages will definitely do that.
Google announced a search engine algorithm update focused on mobile page speed that will start to affect sites from July, 2018. If your site doesn’t load fast on mobile devices, then it could be penalized.
3. Mobile Friendliness
While We are on the subject of mobile, mobile-friendliness is another major SEO ranking factor. More people use mobile devices than desktops to access the web, and that’s one reason there have been changes in how Google ranks search result.
4. Optimized Content
We have talked a lot about content in this guide to GOOGLE SEO ranking factors. That’s because it’s one of the most important search ranking factors (right up there with user experience, links and RankBrain)
5. Social Signals
When people share your content on social networks, that’s another sign that its valuable. Cognitive SEO’s study of 23million shares found a definitive link between social shares and search engine ranking
Google’s official word is that social shares are a direct ranking factor. Links from Twitter or Facebook aren’t counted the same as links from authoritative websites.
6. Domain Age, URL and Authority
Did you know that nearly 60% of the sites that have a top ten Google search ranking are three years old or more? Data from an Ahrefs study of two million pages suggest that very few sites less than a year old achieve that ranking. So if you have had a site for a while and have optimized it using the tips in this article, that is already an advantage
7. Real Business Information
This is important for businesses targeting particular local areas. The presence or absences of business information is one of the most crucial local SEO ranking factors.
Complete SEO CHECKLIST
- Setup Google Analytics
- Setup Google Search Console
- Using WordPress? Install Yoast SEO
- Perform keyword research (long tail pro, SEMRush, UberSuggest, KWfinder, KeywordTool.io)
- Try to get keyword into your page URL
- Add Your Keyword to your title tag and make it compelling
- Add keyword to Meta description
- Add your keyword to your H1 tag, and make sure to only use one
- Use your keyword 3 times
- Use synonyms in your copy
- Use latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) in your copy
- Use Alt tags in your Images
- Link to other pages with SEO friendly anchor text
- Use AHrefs/UberSuggest (free) to analyze your link profile
- Evaluate your competitor’s link profile
- Check Google’s Console for crawl errors, missing title, content errors, missing title and more
- Make sure you don’t duplicate content
- Check your site speed and keep it fast with GTmetrix of Pingdom (Use Plugin WP-Rocket)
- Make your site mobile friendly
- Claim your brand name on as many social networking site as possible
These are my Seven Essential SEO ranking Factors
Credit: WebInsider Official